The Incarceration Nations Network (INN) is a global network and think tank that supports, instigates and popularizes innovative prison reform efforts around the world
INN works toward peace and community safety by thinking past prisons, correcting and connecting global justice work by:
- Raising awareness about global mass incarceration in mainstream international contexts.
- Connecting the dots between efforts in myriad countries, creating a global network of forward-thinking justice workers who collaborate and learn from each other.
- Supporting and promoting global organizations doing innovative, effective work related to incarceration, in ways that ultimately build safer communities and reduce recidivism.
- Supporting new prison-reform programs and prison-reduction efforts in countries where little progressive justice work is being done.
- Mobilizing global communities to hold governments accountable for the state of their prison systems, and, when appropriate, supporting strides made by governments in this arena by assisting them in translating and amplifying their work to the masses.