The Incarceration Nations Network (INN) is a global network and think tank that supports, instigates and popularizes innovative prison reform efforts around the world
INN works toward peace and community safety by thinking past prisons, correcting and connecting global justice work by:
- Raising awareness about mass incarceration and the challenges of a prison-based system of justice in mainstream international contexts.
- Connecting the dots between efforts in myriad countries, creating a global network of forward-thinking justice workers who consistently collaborate and learn from each other.
- Supporting and promoting global organizations doing innovative, effective work related to incarceration, in ways that build safer communities and reduce recidivism.
- Globally changing the narrative about prisons and the people in them by producing informative, accessible content and events related to incarceration and community safety; when appropriate, supporting strides made by governments in this arena by translating and amplifying progressive programs and policy changes to the masses.
- Promoting the use of radical imagination in rethinking how we do justice both globally and locally.
- Offering a wide-reaching international platform for those directly impacted by the justice system to lead the movement for its reform.